Thursday 11 July 2013

Walk the talk

As an introvert and all-round shy person, it’s all too easy to sit tight and be a bit leery of change.  Until I realized over the weekend that I’ve been miserable about something for a few years now and could actually have done something about it.

For all the advice that I give the bf about embracing change, I’m a stubborn little goat at heart.   So after 5 years of silent curses and misguided suffering, I tried a different route to work this week.

And voila!  A world of bliss with plenty of personal space.  No more sweaty strangers shoving and stepping on my feet, no more armpit in face or suspicious hand on bum, and no more rushing and worrying about being late.

Now that I’m on a roll, what other life-changing decisions should I make?

No comments:

Post a Comment